Starting the packing in earnest. Sorted through all the existing boxes, and made sure they're all filled, and chucked stuff I don't want any more. Jenna helped :-) Numbered all the boxes, and created a manifest. Hoping that makes it easier on those "volunteers" that help me move this stuff down to Port.
The stuff in storage is going to be much harder to sort out. I'm hoping that I can actually get some garage shelving installed before I move in - that way I can just put the main furniture in the rooms that it needs to go in, and the rest I can whack up on the shelving, and obviously stack as I go through it.
Thank god I went to the tip a few hundred times before we left Port last time. I really don't think there's much in storage I don't actually need.
Next task is my bedroom; getting all the non-essential stuff into yet more boxes. Thank god for Dollars and Sense - cheap plastic boxes are my god send. Mind you, once I'm moved in, I'm going to have a plethora of storage boxes :-) but I'll probably find a good use for them.
Found some lovely deep blue candle holders in the shape of lotus flowers today. I REALLY can't wait to decorate my house. Everything in my life has been practical - especially my surroundings...nothing simply because it's beautiful. I'm going to enjoy changing that...
No comments:
Post a Comment