So...it's been raining nonstop for about 6 days. Does this stop the Hockey in Grafton...ooooohhh noooo.
I suppose we shouldn't complain really - they have a couple of great sand-base and water-base fields that allow the players to continue on, even if the 4 other grass fields are soaked. Which they are are the moment...basically just biiiig mud puddles.
Jenna's had a couple of great hockey games lately. She's really getting into it. Not hard as Grafton is a Hockey town alright. Every Saturday you'd think there was some sort of Carnival going on down at Lower Fisher Park. Every female older than 4 is down there - shin pads, short skirts and mouth guards. Makes for a contrasting picture, really.
Anyway, it's even got me interested. I only played hockey for a few years, but really loved it. It's just so damn fast. I think I'll get a few more games of Netball under my...belt, before I try the hockey thing. Maybe next season. If I'm still here.
Which of course doesn't prevent me from shouting my loudest at poor Jenna on the field. Favourite cheers at the moment?
"Keep your stick down!"
"BOTH HANDS ON THE STICK JENNA!!!"
and the always popular..."RUUUUNNNN!!!!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment