Therapy is what I will probably need after that 2 hours of pain.
Now don't get me wrong; the actual root canal itself wasn't painful. How could it be with a small country's worth of novocain injected into the entire right hand side of my head with a needle the size of a whale harpoon, like 12 times.
No, it was the fact I had to keep my jaw open for about an hour and a half. Now, all those funny, funny people out there can make their jokes about women and talking and mouth open etc etc.
Small pause while the funny funny people giggle to themselves. Ok, you done? Right.
My small issue is the TMJ problem I have. Again with the acronyms. Temporomandibular joint is what that stands for and it's not fun. Basically, it feels like someone is stabbing an ice pick slowly, and that's the kicker...slowly into your temple, and it's coming out your eyes.
Then of course there is the joy of having the torturer, sorry, dentist, drilling for an hour into your back tooth. And every now and again he'll stop, and you'll think "thank god it's over" and he'll just talk some dental jibberish to the masked assistant. Who looks like she's robed to either assist in some sort of open heart surgery, or suspects I have Bird Flu. And then he'll start again...
"I think a 25 with an 11 thanks Clarice"
"Hmmm now a 20 with a 9, there's not a lot of access here"
You would not think you could drill a tooth for an hour, without suddenly coming out the bottom of your jaw. (my dentist assures me he hates it when that happens) But I'm here to tell you, you can. I don't know what he was looking for, but he never found it.
And, then your jaw goes into muscle spasm and you can't move it. (another pause for those hysterically funny ones reading along)
Finally, the icing (shudder, icing ) on the cake - you hand over a ridiculous amount of money for the pleasure.
Yeah, let's not do that again, hey?
BRUSH AND FLOSS AND RINSE PEOPLE!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment