Saturday, July 09, 2011

Slips, sutures and slab

Well, it's been an eventful few days.
Thursday night I slipped in the shower at Linda's and cracked my lip open, requiring four stitches at Port Macquarie Hospital.
This involved 2 kiwi doctors, an american doctor and an indian doctor. They all spoke variants of english, so I understood them reasonably well.


It did also, however, involve:

  • the american saying the repair to my lip wouldn't "look too much like a trainwreck" and ignoring me like I wasn't even in the room
  • the young kiwi doctor accidentally sticking himself with the needle he used to stab my lip with
  • the older kiwi doctor sticking needles into the bottom of my gum inside at the base of my lip that was possibly the most intense pain I've ever felt (and I have had a root canal, and birthed two children)
  • 6 needles later I got my lip sutured, and we proceeded onto the aids/hepatitis blood tests, including mandatory personal questions and counselling.
Friday was slightly better.

I got to walk on my slab :-) It's beautiful. And, I  have very little lawn. I don't know, I just visualised a bigger back yard area based on the plan. That will be my geo-spacial deficit coming into play. I'll just have to keep reminding myself...less to mow.


Frame is being delivered; should start Monday. Following week, the roof will go on, and will see the rooms as they will be laid out. :-)

No comments: