Well. The last month has been eventful. So busy with life changing events I haven't even had time to think about my blog.
I have separated from my partner of 15 years. Happily, regretfully, but necessarily.
We are both better off without each other at this point, and the kids are both calm and contended with the new arrangement. All in all, it suits everyone.
I've confronted my bosses about my lack of interest/enthusiasm/happiness at work.
I've had the flu, a wrenched/sprained ankle and a cold.
I haven't been exercising, haven't gone to training, and my diet has gone out the window.
Well.
It's back to reality. Back on the diet; back to the gym.
Went to training tonight - it was a one on one class. Everyone else must be watching the Origin. We did boxing tonight - moving your feet, and teaching me how to punch properly : -
Deflect, Jab, Hook, Cross. Deflect, Jab, Hook Cross. Punch from the hip and lats, not the arms. Bring the hand back sharply to defend the head after the punch. Relax the hand until the last minute, and then clench as the hand hits the target. Remain light on the feet, ready to move. Duck the head when deflecting, just out of reach. Pivot the toe when punching and ensure the front knee is slightly bent...this gains reach against a flat footed opponent.
All of that is melded into our Wing Chung, Kick Boxing and Taikwondo moves. It's gooooood.
Seriously...anyone throws a punch at me and they'll go down faster than they can say "what hit me?" - nursing a broken knee, crushed nuts and a fractured jaw.
No comments:
Post a Comment