Well, the stock market collapse, the NSW Labour/political debacle, the Federal Liberal leadership spill; good lord it's all happening.
Amusing
The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples.
The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray:
"Take only ONE. God is watching."
Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples.
Topic of the Day
Does anything EVER play out like you think it's going to?
I thought I'd be with the same man forever. I've had 3 serious partners, and am now alone (and happy).
I thought I'd be a primary school teacher forever. I'm now a manager in an Electricity company.
I thought I'd live in the city for all my working life. I'm now living at the beach, in a country town.
I thought my daughter would NEVER cope with the moves I've made, dragging the family from one town to another, twice in 18 months. She's having a ball and is the happiest she's ever been.( And was basically from day one)
Has life turned out (so far) like you planned? Did you plan at all? Is it better or just different? How have you coped with change in your life? (Tell me in the comments!)
Weather
Well, this is why I was looking forward to moving to Port Macquarie. Sunshine, beach, breezes, nature...just gorgeous! A perfect Ostara (Spring Equinox). We are soooo lucky to live in a free, safe and happy country. Just briefly imagine the alternatives around the world, for a brief slap in the head reality check if you aren't deleriously happy today. :-)
24 Degrees, warm in the sun, light breeze. Perfect walking, beach weather, although I think the water will be a bit cool still. Light storm last night that whipped through in under an hour. Cooled the place down.
Exercise
Walked 30 minutes along the beach today with the dogs. Did Windmill hill.
Diet
Crap. Been eating like a Hoover since I got sick a month ago. Back on track today.
Hobbies
Been sick; done nothing. Watched The Descent last night on DVD with the kids. OMG one of those sudden jump out and scare the living s#^t out of you movies.
Kids
Jenna - went for 2 job interviews this week - first one was terrifying for her, the second much better. We'll see over the next few weeks what she can get over the school holidays.
Mat - Brooke is here for a few weeks. He's keeping up his driving, and looking for work. Still.
Fact
The WD in WD-40 stands for Water Displacer.
Quote
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
"Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority."
Reading
The Wheel of Time series...again. Also, learnt yesterday that Terry Pratchett has early onset Alzheihmers!
Listening
Nothing really...
No comments:
Post a Comment