Sunday, April 06, 2008

Hiatus - Apparently

Well, it's apparent I went on a slight hiatus. I think the move to Port Macquarie overwhelmed me, to be honest. Christmas arrived before I knew it, and next thing I'm packing my gear into a truck and moving into my first home, as a single.

Living with mum and dad was a wonderful opportunity, for a number of reasons. Still, it's sooo nice to have my own space again.

And it's taken me quite some time to settle in. Basically February and March were a write off. The last week or so has seen me take some time out, and really get some s#%t organised. There are still my boxes to go through, but I think I'll leave them to my next holiday. I think there's a long weekend in June, so maybe then.

Current Events

After a quick browse of the internet news, I can't see anything here worth even talking about. Let's just say that there are a multitude of news items that seem aimed at people who drill holes in their head.

In the meantime, here's an link to a domestic tool that some may find interesting: voila, the Sideswipe Blade!

Amusing

I think this comes in under the "sad, but true" section:

A NEW Zealand man has been charged with assault after he threw a hedgehog at a teenage boy.

"It hit the victim in the leg, causing a large, red welt and several puncture marks,'' police sergeant Bruce Jenkins told the Herald on Sunday.

Shortly after throwing the animal, William Singalargh, 27, of Whakatane was arrested for assaulting the 15-year-old with a weapon.


Well, that seems like valuable use of the courts time.

Topic of the Day

Topic of the day: if you were to start a rock band/boy band/girl group/pop sensation, what would the name of the group/first album be?

Debate : music artists of today, simply can't rival their antique counterparts i.e. Mozart, Beethoven and the Beatles.

Leave your entries in the comments.

Weather

Certainly cooler during the afternoons, evenings and mornings lately. Not that we've had a hot summer at ALL. Basically, I think the general consensus is that 07-08 was the summer you have, when you're not having a summer a.k.a. Claytons. Today, it rained earlier in the morning, and now it's pleasantly sunny, with a light breeze. Let's just say that the last bit ("with a light breeze") is a given whenever I'm commenting on Port weather.

Exercise

Well. None today. But, hey! I joined a gym. And so tomorrow starts the new fitness schedule. 3-4 classes a week, and 2-3 gym visits for general fitness. We'll see how we go. And there's a martial arts training session on every Friday - GOD I hope that stays.

Diet

This is going to have to go hand in hand with my new exercise plans - at the moment I'm eating reasonably well, with the occassional binge, but I need to eat more to compliment my new calorie requirements.


Picture




















Hobbies

Well - one of the things I have made inroads in, was my hobbies. So far I've:
  • Organised my office
  • Started my new DnD module
  • distributed all my photos into albums ready to scrapbook
  • had my piano delivered and started practicising again

The pieces I'm practicing at the moment are: Fur Elise, Alla Turka, Humoresque and Drops of Jupiter.

And I did a Tag for Gail as a birthday card, to go with her incredibly late birthday present.

Kids


Jenna's doing well. Putting a bit more effort into school work, and trying to get her work done ahead of time. I need to put some more time aside each day to go through with her what she's got on - sometimes it's too late to do that on the weekdn. She's on holidays after next week, so we'll aim for more effort next Term.



Mat's started driving lessons, and he took me for a drive to show me what he's learnt. He's MUCH better!! By which I mean, I only had a level 7 Death Grip on the seat and door handle. Definitely worth the lessons. Hopefully he'll have his licence in a few months, and then we'll see about getting him up to Brisbane.



Fact

In its ancient form, the carrot was purple, not orange.

Really??? So who decided it should be orange. I mean what happened to that old one?

Quote

Life is short; live it up. Khrushchev

Reading

Currently not reading any actual books - I'm listening to the Audiobook "The Last Continent" by Terry Pratchett. It's his take on Australia, which he calls EcksEcksEcksEcks. Hmph. Anyway, favourite quote so far, which is Rincewind's diary of his (unexpected) trip to FourEcks:

"...savaged by Blue Tongued lizard, chased by different hunters, fell off cliff, bounced into tree, pissed on by small, grey, incontinent teddy bear, landed in a waterhole. Friday : hot, flies, dinner = some kind of roots tasting of sick, which saved time. Saturday: hotter than yesterday, extra flies, v. thirsty. Sunday: HOT. Delirious with thirst. Flies. Nothing but nothing as far as the eye can see...with bushes in it. "

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG what happened to the kids! They are almost grown up. What a cutie Jenna is and how handsome is Mat!
What about your new house Di, want to see pics, and your street, and perhaps if I really have to, your work office! Not that I'm not interested, still getting over you leaving me!
Lots of love to you all xx

Unknown said...

Thanks Karen - I miss you too!!!
I'll be visiting Sydney tomorrow and Friday, and will update the Blog with house photos over the weekend.