Sunday, August 02, 2009

Packing

Well, it's started.

I did my bedroom, ensuite and wardrobe today. Got rid of BAGS of junk. A pile to go to charity, and another pile to go to the tip.

Jenna did hers...well, part of hers. She's a horder...(that's NOT from my side of the genetic pool, I can assure you)

Found some stuff I'd forgotten I had - you know the stuff - you go "well, that's lost forever, I'll now go and buy a new one to replace it" and then immediately find the supposed lost item. I wonder if there's some sort of bizarre gnome that hides these things. I bet they've got half my socks too. All the left ones. He must be a one-legged gnome. And he likes pens. Maybe he's a writer...

Anyhoo....

Happiness. Had a thought about that the other day, after a brief chat with the Sister. Reminded me that it all comes from within. You can't rely on anyone else for your happiness. Each day, is simply an exercise in waking up, and deciding to be happy.

Despite all the shit that's going on around you. And only once you're happy, can you help someone else find their happiness.

I may be single for the rest of my life. I may never have someone to share my experiences with, to have someone that, out of all the things they choose to do, chooses to spend their short time on this earth with me, that admires me, and respects me; I may never find that person.

But I will be happy. With just me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I really needed that pick-me-up this morning. :)

And don't forget, while we can't offer you all the things you're looking for in a partner, there are enough of us that love you dearly so that you're never really alone.