And it only gets harder, as they get older, once they are nearly adults and have their own opinions...
I know from experience, that they eventually come back and say "you know mum, you were right, and it was the best thing for me"...but...gee...
...right know, it's damn hard to break my kid's heart AGAIN for the greater good.
"I just wish I was an adult, so I could do what I want, and not what you want"
"This isn't fair...you're making me move again...this is the third time in 3 years!!"
Sigh.
Those guilt trips are a bugger to get over.
1 comment:
Sometimes they have to realise that the WANTS of the child are secondary to the NEEDS of the adult that pays to feed, clothe, home and entertain said child. And if the child wants to continue to receive such luxuries then they must put up with the odd inconvenience.
She thinks she has it hard now, just wait until she has to fend for herself in the big bad world.
Besides, it won't be too many more years before the roles are reversed and it will be her that is saying "I don't care if you don't like the new home mum, you have to stay there. And stop accusing the nurses of stealing your teeth while you're asleep".
Post a Comment