Saturday, July 10, 2010

Land

I suppose, I really should write something in this blog, rather than just post links to other sites.

So. Land. I have taken that first step. I have been approved for my land loan. This is the first step of many to me living in a house that no one can ask me to leave (provided I continue to pay for it, naturally).

This will be a novelty, not quite understood by most people. Most people I know own their house. Or are living somewhere where they don't have to leave, at least.

I have never lived anywhere, where there wasn't an expectation that in the near future, we would be moving out. The longest I've ever lived in a single place, apart from my childhood, was 4 years. I once tried to count how many times I'd moved, and got lost. It's well over two dozen.

That somewhat might give a hint as to how .... nervous? excited? hysterical? I am about getting my house. Somewhere that I can finally LIVE in. Somewhere that will be MINE. That I can make to suit ME. Where I can actually unpack ALL my things, and have them the way I want.

My own sanctuary of peace and stillness. Of music and candles, of artwork and photos. Books and dancing. Flowers and food. The smell of vanilla and cinnamon. Violins and rock music. Thick rugs and comfy chairs. My computer sitting at the right height. A roaring fire in winter, and cooling breezes in summer. An oven that works. Somewhere to put all my shoes.

It's been an ache for over 2 decades. It's not far now, before it will ease.

No comments: