So, the house plans are moving along. I have approval for the land. The Developer has contacted my Conveyancer, and my Conveyancer has contacted the bank, and forwarded contracts.
Now the bank just has to drive past and see that I'm buying an actual block of land, and not some strange swampland out the back of Wauchope.
Next step is signing the loan contracts. I'll contact the bank and my conveyancer on Monday to see where things are up to, then call the Developer.
Meanwhile, I've been talking to the Builder about the alterations to the standard plan I have in mind. Mainly they are (compared to some people) fairly straight forward. But...expensive. So it remains to be seen if I will get my actual "dream house" or a subset thereof.
Been talking to the guys in town at the new kitchen shop about them doing my kitchen. I'm a bit keen, as they have 3 fabulous displays, and they are all fantastic. Really great drawers, storage etc. And given who I am, that REALLY appeals. Likely to be even more expensive. That being said, a really good kitchen certainly adds value to a house. And it has a lifetime warranty. So if any drawers, hinges etc go...I can get them replaced, no questions.
A certain plumbing place here in Grafton hasn't been too helpful, re my search for a combination overhead and handheld shower rail. I asked if there was such a think, and the shop assistant said he'd never been asked for such a thing. And I turned around 5 minutes later, only to see one on display!! Sheesh.
Looking at Bali huts too. I don't want the ones with the thatch, more a tiled or timber slat look. Basically, I'm trying to use up all my land, so there's very little lawn to mow :-) And I have a daydream of me lying on a daybed in the Bali hut, sipping tea, and reading a book, with the breeze gently blowing, while I look over my pool and gardens. Sigh. :-)
Well, 3-4 months to go, and it will all be starting in earnest. It will be done before you know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment