Saturday, July 07, 2012

Adaptable

You, know it's amazing what you can adapt to, relatively quickly.

It's been nineteen years since I've had to go on less than 8 hrs sleep. Nineteen years since I've been woken several time in the middle of the night.  I really learnt to love my sleep. I was convinced, honestly, that if I didn't have my requisite 8 hrs, I would be surly, cranky and impatient - generally unpleasant, and probably need a nap during the day.

Well, it's a little hard to differentiate my general state of crankiness caused by constant pain, these days, but I think after a few weeks of waking every hour at night, I'm starting to deal with it.

Last night - 9pm until 12am (yay 3 hrs in a row) then awake at 2am, stayed awake until 3am eating Vegemite on toast and a cuppa. Back to sleep then woke every hour until 6-30am when I gave up. If it wasn't for the pain, I think it wouldn't be that bad.

...geez I'm looking forward to sleeping through 8 hrs though. Can't remember what that feels like, but I know  I want it back.

No comments: