Saturday, August 11, 2012

Crossroads

Just interested to see where life takes me at the moment. I feel a little like I'm standing at a...geez...cross-roads sounds terribly contrived. How else can I describe it? It feels like there are going to be options coming up, not far ahead. With life, my career, the kids, my health, all sorts of things. For a long time I've been planning and aiming at something, and I know I'm virtually where I wanted to be. Settled. Comfortable, relaxed and content. So why don't I feel stressed about possible changes to that state? Maybe I'm just at an age, and experience where I just figure I'll deal with it. That's kind of what it feels like. Lord, for all I know I'm over thinking things again. I guess I'm just not used to being...there. You know, not waiting to be there, but actually...there. Settled. No urgency to be somewhere else, or aiming at some essential change to my life. 

Well, whatever comes - I plan to be happy. I cannot understand why people spend their days* whining and whinging over petty things - it's as if some of them go out of their way to find things to complain about. We've only got a very short time to be conscious of our own existence, in this mortal, physical world. Squeeze every minute out people!

I must say, I'm really enjoying drawing at the moment. Got some good eye, nose and mouth action going on. Struggling big time with anatomy of the human form - very hard. Wish there were some good classes around, but can't seem to find any. I will keep at it, as it's incredibly relaxing and I love it. Must get back to the piano one of these days... 




 *I do not mean people with genuine reasons to complain, such as extreme poverty, discrimination, harassment etc..

1 comment:

Mum said...

Enjoy smelling the roses, you'll soon be off trying to achieve something else. Some would say its the lull before the storm.