Sunday, August 12, 2012

Obession

Found my latest obsession. Finally found a drawing course (on line of all places) that suits my way of thinking. 

This guy takes the human form, and breaks it down into it's basic composite elements - formulas if you like, to ensure you understand how the body is put together. This means all the proportions are correct when you're putting a picture together, and you don't step back part way through and say "well something's wrong, but I don't know what". 

So far I've done 24 classes, all around 30 minutes long. I've done the basics of the human body and it's proportions, the skull, chest cavity and now I'm moving on so the scapula. 

The full course is like over 100 hrs and you end up being able to draw the human form, skeleton, muscles and skin etc from scratch from your head.

Must...get off... computer, and stop... drawing.

Having a shower and heading to bed. Exhausted.

No comments: