Honestly, I think Kerry's writing has encouraged me to enjoy my life, not just live it. To not feel guilty for enjoying beautiful things and to be really aware of those things and people that make life interesting and enjoyable.
They are "just" light-hearted mystery novels; one about a 1920's detective and another about a modern day baker. Nevertheless. They have changed me.
Given my penchant for sci-fi and fantasy novels, it was a bit of a step to start in on a different genre when mum gave me the first Phryne novel. I just... consumed it. And while I would love to meet any of my favourite authors...I think Ms Greenwood would be someone I would really go out of my way to try to somehow meet. A book signing or something maybe one day. It helps she's Australian :-)
It's with trepidation I am looking forward to the new ABC TV series based on the Phryne novels. I just...am terrified how they're going to play it. Crossing my fingers!
Below is an excerpt from her Corinne blog.
Revenge cookery
You are in the common female position where you have no help, an uncooperative partner whose idea of cooking is called burning pots, clamouring children who all have their own ideas of what constitutes cuisine and limited time. And limited money. You are exhausted by working and doing all the housework, shopping with a car load of screamers, hauling bags of groceries into the house to be laboriously unpacked under the eyes of teenagers so bone idle that they can’t get up off the sofa and help. And in any case they can’t hear you because they are plugged into a perpetual Ipod. (Read on)
No comments:
Post a Comment