Saturday, January 31, 2009

Back To It

Current Events
Well, as usual, I am very much a "one-thing-at-a-time" girl. The kids are back to school, I had to go get Mat from Brisbane, and everything falls into a heap. Well, when I say everything, I just mean my lovely, "I'm on holidays, everything is easy" routine.
Which includes updating my Blog. You know, no one is reading this anyway, so it probably doesn't matter. Hah!
Amusing
Well, the link to that wonderful letter to Richard Branson would have made it on here, except it's now so spread out around the internet, that I probably don't need to. Never mind, I will anyway.
Topic of the Day
It's hot. Poor Victoria and Adelaide. Made me thank my lucky stars we moved here. We might be in the middle of nowhere, and just that little bit too far away from the capitals, but the weather is great. The kids have been moaning about how hot it is, but seriously...it's not been more than 30 or so...It's been a bit sticky overnight, but nothing the fans can't cope with! We don't even need aircon.
Exercise and Diet
You know...I don't really want to discuss this topic. I shouldn't really have to talk about it. It's been too hot. I've been stressed. That is all. Foodwise though, not bad, but then not great. A little too much takeaway this week, what with me not grocery shopping, but that's sorted. Going to make some lovely chicken cutlets for dinner, and then tomorrow some awesome spare ribs I saw on food blog.
Picture
"Watching over him"

Hobbies
Reading and eating are my smoking and drinking. It seems many people I know either self medicate with alcohol or nicotine. Well, I've been self medicating with food and books. Hence the no lost weight, and the need to go buy some more books. Loving the Kerry Greenwood detective series, in which the author actually manages to combine those two things. She writes about a baker (an overweight female baker) set in Melbourne in the current day. She ends up helping solve mysteries, and in the meantime, talks about lovely, lovely food and all the characters that are living in her building. Consequences are, I tend to bake more. Never a bad thing, really.
Kids
Hmmm let's just say we're in a settling in period, with Mat moving back in and leave it at that, shall we?
Reading
Well, I'm reading The Brethren, (thanks Tony) which is a historical fiction set in the 13th century about the Saracens and the Christian knights. Not bad, but it's taken a while for me to get into it. I'm persisting, because I love everything historical and there are two more books in the series! :-) More to read!

Listening
Eric Hutchinson - do yourself a favour, as Molly would say, and check him out. Seriously hip shaking, happy moods music.

No comments: