Been reading a few Blogs that talk about new technology. For those of you unaware, CES (Consumer Electronics Show) is on at the moment in the States, with all sorts of previews for what's up and coming in the future for phones, MP3s, PCs etc etc.
One thing I liked was a few companies are bringing out powerboards that basically eliminate that "standby" power sucking that electronic devices do when we leave them switched on at the wall. I have been waiting for these to come out for years - seemed like a logical thing to do. So there should be a few around in the coming months.
Also a little hand held "instant" phone recharger. It's basically like a little stapler looking thing that holds enough charge to, in 10 minutes or so, completely recharge your phone or MP3. For those of us that forget to recharge their phone, quite nifty!
Amusing
Here's a tip - just be careful with pens...
And some of you will find this funny, but only if you know your wandering monster from the regular type.
And less amusing than scandalous, this, is why I'm not fond of organised religion.
Weather
It's rained all day, on and off. Light, gentle, relaxing rain. Nice and cool, and great for the garden.
Exercise
Might push myself and go to the gym this arvo. Maybe.
Or, as it turns out, not. I baked instead. We are trialling Banana and Cinnamon muffins from my new "Bake" Women's Weekly book. I think, from the smells coming from my oven, they should be called Cinnamon and Banana muffins. We'll see I guess.
I have the whole set - "Kitchen", "Cook", "Bake" and now "1001 Best Recipes". I'm not sure if I like these cookbooks because they have brilliant recipes, or that they appeal to my sense of colour and design, just sitting on my bench. I'm such a sucker for aesthetics.
Diet
Good today. Plans are for Beef Stroganoff for dinner. Need to drink more water.
Picture
I'm playing around with Photoshop Elements, trying different things. Notice that version 3 of Picasa now has a lovely "retouch" tool...good for getting rid of bags under the eyes, the odd middle age pimple (what the hell is up with that!!) and other nasties.
Here's a guy that was hanging around Palm Beach when I was down there last year...cute little fella.
Hobbies
Well, photography has taken a step lately. Hope to hop on Wow later, or maybe scrapbook something. We hired Season 3 of LOST so we'll probably actually watch that...yes, I know we are soooo way behind on all of our shows. We've gotten addicted to others, so the old favourites have fallen behind. We're slowly working on it. :-)
Kids
Went shopping today for the friend's birthday present. I must say, I have a completely different shopping style to my daughter. She is the considered, take your time, get exactly the right gift, at exactly the right price kinda shopper. I'm more the get in, get out, guerrilla kinda shopper.
So, yeah, we had fun today. Only one tiff, along the lines of, "so she's not a girly girl, she doesn't like candles, or photo frames, or makeup, or chocolate, or perfume, or read books...what the hell does she DO???"
Mat got his first pay cheque today (thank the gods). Hopefully one of many, in a row....
Fact
Now, I checked this one out on Google Earth, because it didn't just seem right, but it's true...The Pacific entrance of the Panama Canal is farther East than the Atlantic entrance.
One for your trivia nights!
Quote : "We live in age where pizza gets to your house before the police." Jeff Marder.
Reading
Castlemaine Murders - Phryne Fisher series by Kerry Greenwood. This ones a doozy. I only have 2 left I haven't read. "Death Before Wicket" and "Queen of the Flowers". I may ask Angus and Robertson to order them in.
Listening
Birds. Rain. The next door neighbor's 3 year old expressing his belief that he runs the house. Various top ten songs from Jenna's vicinity (PC or TV).
No comments:
Post a Comment