On holidays - spent the first week madly doing Christmas, then a week up in Qld seeing old friends...not friends that are old, just friends I've had for a long time...they aren't old at all. Shutting up now.
Went shopping today for a fairy costume for Jenna to attend a "Mythical Creatures" themed birthday party on Saturday. I think 3 days notice is a LITTLE light on if you ask me. Anyway, we've decided on "Cupid", and we have a bow and arrow, some wings, and we're planning on covering her in love hearts. Shut up...it's the best we can do on a post-Xmas and post-16th Budget.
And thanks parents, for the Age of Empires addiction I have now had to beat again. This is why I don't play computer games...it's too easy to get stuck on them ALL DAY!!!!
Amusing
One of my favourite sites - Failblog.org Ususally makes me smile!
Topic of the Day
What are we all reading these holidays? I'm into biographies on media magnates (The Man Who owns the News) and Australian fiction - Kerry Greenwood's Phryne Fisher series. You?
Weather
Oh my god it's raining in Port. It must have come up "tails" today.
Exercise
Exercise
Hmmm. None. Cut back on the food though. Going to gym tomorrow, yep, tomorrow that's it.
Food
Have managed to get bit organised with the recipes. I've sorted my clippings and thrown out everything that was a pure fantasy I'd make. Then, I've sorted them into Mains and Sweet and put them into folders.
I've also started a recipe box. I know, kinda old fashioned...but I think it's going to help me with ideas for what to have for dinner. I've written out my tried and true recipes, that I KNOW work.
I've also done up a 4 week dinner plan, with a different meal every night. I've left Tuesdays blank for Jenna and my "lets try something new and learn" attempts, and Fridays are scratch (or Spag Bol, or Burritoes or something equally simple).
If I want to achieve nothing else these holidays, I want our menu to be a little more a) healthy and b) have more variety!
Picture
My darling daughter.
Hobbies
After spending 3.5 days on the lounge reading, I am now up and about again, and getting back into some of my hobbies. A La, photography and Blogging!
Kids
Jenna = fine. Working Saturdays at Diva (costume jewelry) and having a ball.
Mathew = fine. At the moment. This changes daily. He has a casual job at a warehouse unpacking boxes. Not thrilling, but it pays. He may be coming home, depending on his current housing situation (which is not good, but all he has)
Fact
Only one book has been distributed in more copies then the Bible; The IKEA catalog.
Only one book has been distributed in more copies then the Bible; The IKEA catalog.
Quote
Fish and visitors smell in 3 days. Benjamin Franklin.
Reading
I made the mistake of joining Shelfari. Now I have a compulsion to add every book I've ever read there. And all the books I WANT to read. I think it's an OCD thing. I've added a widget to the Blog, so those of you who feel the need to buy me a book for any reason whatsoever, can check out what I own, and what I'd like. I've also updated my Amazon wishlist. You can now link ANY item anywhere on the Interwebs...not just stuff on the Amazon site...pretty nifty.
Listening
We've done a lot of listening to Celtic Woman's Christmas songs...very haunting, and beautiful. Not exactly Jingle Bell Rock, but I liked them.
Plus sitting round with some awesome friends, we had Buble playing in the background while we sat out in the balmy summer night's air, chatting. Was wonderful. Hope they come back soon, so we can do it all again. (...and I'll get an update to Scene It guys - there's a heap!)

No comments:
Post a Comment