Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Glorious

OK...so...I had the best weekend I've had ever this last weekend.

Why you ask? Did a handsome billionaire ask you to marry him with no pre-nup?

No. No, he did not.

I played cards with my two teenage offspring, on the back deck, in the sun, and listened to music and sang out loud. There was laughter, and off-key singing, and food, and fun, and sunshine.

For those of you with teenage children, you will appreciate the miracle that this event was; we had two happy, positive, active kids, OUTSIDE, without ANY hormonal grumps. At the same time.

That's like, well, it's like that thing in Tomb Raider when all the planets line up together...

It really was just wonderful.

Given work is currently a capital "W" for Woe is Me...I needed it. Thanks kids, I will remember those mornings for as long as I live.

No comments: