I've been feeling that way for about a month now, while I detox from my self abuse whilst living over the road from work. (Too much takeaway, too much work...)
I've never felt that way, much. Hungry that is. Usually because I feed myself to avoid the feeling. That's pretty much in line with my general approach to life though. I don't like feeling physically uncomfortable. I had a t-shirt when I was a teenager that said "I'm not picky, I just know what I like". That stemmed from me "needing" to have everything exactly the way I wanted.
In reality, I just avoid being hot/cold/tired/sore/itchy/etc.
But there are people who actually just accept that they are going to feel uncomfortable. And of course I wonder...is my "cold", the same as your "cold". Because, you know, really I just am cold man, and I really don't want to feel this way, and if you're feeling what I'm feeling, why are you putting up with it!!?? Maybe, you're not quite as cold as I am, maybe...maybe I'm colder than you are.
Or maybe I'm a wuss.
It's the same with people being amazed at how organised I seem. Now, don't get me wrong, I definitely have an "order" gene - particularly at work. That stems from my buzzing brain though - I just think about too many things at once and can't seem to keep a track of things without a "system". And so, I end up with lists, files, folders, drawers, plastic sleeves, templates, formats, plans, programs etc etc all to ensure I know what the hell is going on.
The aim is to never have a moment where you cannot answer a question. Always have the information to hand. I guess that is fundamentally my job, but...well, if I'm honest with myself, it's more of an obsession for me.
I'm almost as bad at home. Although that really just stems from being lazy. I don't want to have to go looking for hours for something, or run out of something. So it's easier (for me) to have it all in a neat system, labelled, and organised. Leave me more relax time. :-)
Then again...I also just love having an ordered environment around me. It gives me peace. A place for everything, and everything in it's place. Nothing lost.
Hmmm. I can't imagine living in constant mess/chaos. I just. can't. imagine it. It would make me very, very uncomfortable. Yet people do it ALL the time! Every day.
Well that ended up being a peek into my brain...sorry.
Weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment