Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sunday, Lazy, Sunday

Ok...I've moved on from Shoes to Bags.

And the shopping has to stop now. I'll admit, I've been spoiling myself for the last few months. And I won't even go into the myriad of ways I've managed to justify it.

Suffice it to say, it's time to stop.

Today was all about sleeping in until 9am, reading the Sunday papers, having a bit of breaky. Listening to the golden oldies on the local radio (that's all they play, but they pretend that Sunday morning is special).

1. Current Events

Grafton is in serious Jacaranda Hang Over. Very tired, and pretty sad looking people wandered around the shops today. And there are MILLIONS of Christmas items in every store. Started my Christmas shopping today. Which is a damn miracle, as I'm conditioned from years of doing it on Christmas Eve. Yes, the whole lot...pretty stupid, but there you go.

And a US Senate hearing on the post September 11 interrogation techniques have refused to acknowledge that "water-boarding", which simulates drowning, is not torture. Hmmm...sticking someones head under water until their lungs fill with water...not torture. Seriously...they can justify anything.

2. Something Funny

All I will say is Oh....My....God:

"I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Alicia Silverstone, Actress

3. Weather

Hot, muggy. Should have rained. It didn't.

4. Exercise

Walked around the shops, was supposed to go for a run. I made my Brother-in-Law's birthday present instead.

5. Diet

Cereal. Banana Smoothy. Cashews. So far so good.....

Then..Steak, Bacon, Eggs, Bubble and Squeak, Fried Tomato!!!!

6. A picture

These are 2 of the 2005 batch of puppies. So glad we let our dogs have a couple of families - was great for the kids to have litters of cute puppies rolling around. Even if I was the one that ended up cleaning up all their messes.



7. Hobbies

Read some DnD book today, and started on the layout for a module I'm writing.

8. Kids

Jenna went tubing on the river today. She has a great friend that invited her and her girlfriend out for the day. They got sunburned and are exhausted, with very sore arms! They both had a ball though.

Mathew has been to a party. There was a massive fight...scared him quite a bit. He also lost his wallet, with all his cards, licence and money...certainly a life lesson. Now he has to go and get his licence reissued, his cards reissued and he has no money left for the rest of the week.

9. Interesting Fact

A frog can't empty its stomach by vomiting. To empty its stomach contents, a frog throws up it's stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of it's mouth. Then the frog uses its forearms to dig out all of the stomach's contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.

I have NO idea if this is true...and I'm too tired to go Google it...someone tell me if this is right???

10. Quote


"You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle."

Bill Peterson, Florida State football coach

No comments: